According to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism, the number of foreigners visiting Turkey has increased tremendously over the last few years. Besides its endless coastlines and rich history, medical tourism has been on the rise in recent years accounting for $ 2.5 billion in revenue. The Turkish hair plant industry is a major attraction in Turkey attracting 5000 tourists every month. The industry is estimated to be worth $4 billion with at least 1500 transplant operations performed monthly. Among other reasons including labour and operational costs, the cost and quality of hair transplants in Turkey are the key determinants for hair transplant candidates to choose Turkey.
Types of Hair Transplants Available
- Platelet-Rich Plasma hair restoration: The technique involves using the patient’s blood as the source of hair restoration. Blood is extracted to get PRP, which is used to grow new cells hat support hair growth. Plasma-rich protein, which is the thick yellow fluid forming on a scab, is responsible for healing wounds. The PRP is then infused into the bald area to help in the growth of new cells that regrow hair naturally.
- Follicular Unit Grafting: The technique involves removing skin strips from a donor, usually from the back of the head, then transplanting the strips on the patient’s head through tiny slits made into the scalp.
- Follicular Unit Extraction: FUE is an improvement of follicular grafting technique in that it does not require incisions. Healthy hair is plucked from the donor one by one then transplanted into the bald spots without incisions hence leaving no visible scars. With technological advancement in the medical field, surgeons are increasingly combining FUE with new techniques in PRP for improved results.
Cost of Hair plant Surgery
The cost of hair transplant varies widely based on numerous factors, including the particular area for hair transplant, the biological makeup of a patient, personal goals, and type of method used. Before settling on a specific surgeon or clinic to have your hair transplant surgery, you must compare prices of hair transplantation in Turkey based on your specific conditions and expected results. The pricing information can come from referrals by people who have had similar procedures in Turkey. However, many people are uncomfortable discussing sensitive information like this; hence, a reputable online forum will provide an option. On average, the cost of hair transplants in Turkey starts from £1,900, for FUE, which is the most conducted procedure.
While hair surgery is now more widely available than ever, you will find more competitive pricing from clinics around Turkey. Besides the initial cost of the procedure, you will need to take into account the cost of any further treatment needed. If you do not have the required funds for your hair transplant surgery, several options can help you finance the procedure.
- Personal Loan
Personal loans can be obtained from financial institutions, including banks and non-bank providers. Based on your credit score, you can access a secured or unsecured loan of up to £30,000 for hair transplants.
- Credit Card
Credit cards are an easy and flexible way to finance a hair transplant. However, they come with interest rates that are higher than the other financing options. You may qualify for a 0% APR introductory rate, which significantly reduces your cost of hair transplant procedure if cleared within 18 months.
- Medical loans
There are loan providers than offer financing for medical procedures, including hair transplanting. Based on your provider, you can borrow as much as the cost of your medical procedure but with the limitation of how you spend your funding as all the money funds the medical procedure.
When choosing the best financing option for your hair transplant procedure in Turkey, pay attention to the following
- Interest rates: Look for a competitive rate for your loan to ensure you are aware of the fixed and variable rates such that you will afford the repayments in the event the rates increase during the term of your loan.
- Total cost of the loan: Knowing the total coast of a loan will help you compare options across products and lenders, helping you make an informed decision.
- Minimum loan amount: Take note of the minimum amount a lender is willing to advance such that it caters for the entire procedure without straining you with the repayments.
- Security: Many personal and medical loam providers offer unsecured loans. However, some lenders require collateral to secure your loan. Before committing any of your assets, conduct a cost and benefit analysis.
Get the Most out of a Hair Transplant
A hair transplant will help you feel better about yourself by boosting your esteem and confidence. Nevertheless, you will need to take to heart recommendations by the doctors not to visit the gym until the healing process is complete. Get enough rest and take your medication to get the most out of the transplant procedure.