Catfish and The Bottlemen’s young and growing fan base finally get their hit of new music as the band releases new single, Longshot, OUT NOW on Island Records and accompanying video. Revealed exclusively on BBC Radio One’s Future Sounds With Annie Mac, the single ends a long wait for a passionate audience that coped throughout the pause by throwing themselves into ever bigger headline shows.
New music arrives on the cusp of a string of SOLD OUT UK arena dates in February and the announcement of the band’s transatlantic return with a new US tour. The dramatic, one-take birds-eye video, filmed by long-term collaborator, Jim Canty (Hourglass and Twice), on a South Shields cliff top, completes their emphatic return.
Tumbling into 2019 with a succession of New Year festival appearances 10,000 miles away in Australia, Van McCann (vocals, guitars), Johnny Bond (guitars), Robert ‘Bob’ Hall (drums) and Benji Blakeway (bass) return home to begin a new and exciting chapter. As Longshot makes its impact the band consolidates their hard-won status as an arena act, teasing signs of the anticipated follow up to 2014’s platinum-certified debut, The Balcony and 2016’s gold, number one album, The Ride.
Check out the video for ‘Longshot’ – BELOW:
Practically of no fixed abode, Catfish has toured constantly since their formation, now over a decade ago. They remain locked onto the shared live experience as theirs, and their fans’ natural domain and Longshot hints that Catfish and The Bottlemen’s rapid-ascent to ‘big hall’ players has crossed over to influence their time in the studio.
Catfish and The Bottlemen follow Longshot’s long-awaited reveal by announcing their first return to the USA since their nationwide stadium jaunt with Green Day that finished in the autumn of 2017:
- Tue 12 Mar 2019 Indianapolis, Egyptian Rooms
- Wed 13 Mar 2019 Saint Louis, The Pageant
- Fri 15 Mar 2019 Houston, House of Blues
- Sat 16 Mar 2019 Dallas, House of Blues
- Mon 18 Mar 2019 Phoenix, The Van Buren
- Tue 19 Mar 2019 San Diego, House of Blues
- Fri 22 Mar 2019 Los Angeles, Palladium
- Sat 23 Mar 2019 San Francisco, Fox Theatre
- Mon 25 Mar 2019 Portland, Roseland Theatre
- Tue 26 Mar 2019 Seattle, Showbox
- Thu 28 Mar 2019 Salt Lake City, The Depot
- Fri 29 Mar 2019 Denver, Ogden Theatre
- Sun 31 Mar 2019 Kansas City, Midland Theatre
- Tue 2 Apr 2019 Columbus, Express Live
- Wed 3 Apr 2019 Brooklyn, Steel
Catfish and The Bottlemen’s February 2019 UK and Ireland Tour Dates are as follows:
- Tue 19 Feb 2019 Nottingham, Motorpoint Arena – SOLD OUT
- Wed 20 Feb 2019 Plymouth, Pavilions – SOLD OUT
- Fri 22 Feb 2019 London, The SSE Arena, Wembley (rescheduled date)
- Sat 23 Feb 2019 Hull, Bonus Arena – SOLD OUT
- Tue 26 Feb 2019 Dublin, The Olympia Theatre – SOLD OUT
- Wed 27 Feb 2019 Belfast, Ulster Hall – SOLD OUT
For tickets, announcements on new music and to sign up for mailing list updates connect with Catfish and the Bottlemen at: