On this weeks Near To Hear we have a fresh new project already wrapping Belfast round their finger. “Life Goals” is the indie rock side project of three quarters of the local Stalwarts “Gascan Ruckus” who have been favourites in the local scene for years, growing one of the largest fan bases a band from here can grow.
Life Goals are not far behind however. Fronted by Declan McBride, Life Goals have gripped hard on the emo-revival and really taken their own spin on it to create a truly individual sound, all brought together by the drummer Mark McDaid and bassist Conor Langan.
The band kicked off their existence in the peak of summer 2016 with the singles “Wreck Less Nature” and “Between The Lines”. Both incredibly catchy tracks, channelling huge influence from, too name a few, The Gaslight Anthem, Modern Baseball and and even Frank Turner in recent times.
For a debut release from a band, it was statement. And Life Goals worked hard to get their music across, playing gigs across Ireland all throughout the last few months of 2016. This year the band show no signs of stopping, having already announced the Launch for a new single in Belfast’s Voodoo, as well as embarking on a full scale tour of Ireland with another fantastic Irish artist, Anna’s Anchor.
Catch Life Goals at these places:
• SINGLE LAUNCH – 25th February, Voodoo Belfast
• Galway, Roisin Dubh – 30th March
• Dublin, Fibber Magee’s – 31st March
• The Belfast Barge – 1st April
• Limerick, The Loft – 7th April
Fav album: Solid Air – John Martyn
Latest posts by Fionn Crossan (see all)
- ALBUM REVIEW: Godspeed You! Black Emperor – “Luciferian Towers” – October 12, 2017
- ALBUM REVIEW: Enter Shikari – “The Spark” – September 25, 2017
- ALBUM REVIEW: Mogwai – “Every Countrys Sun” – September 7, 2017